Monday 15 June 2015

In the Grim Darkness of the 41st millennium there is only grimness and darkness....

Shield of Baal: Deathstorm...



I needed to take a break from all the Robotech I was putting together and see if I could do something a bit more enjoyable...   With that, I decided to make a start on the limited edition Warhammer 40k box set, Deathstorm. I briefly considered having a stab at the Privateer Press stuff but I'm not quite ready to commit to that much super-gluing.

What's in the box:

So much stuff!


One thing to point out, most of the stuff in here is not like the old days where it was stripped down versions of the normal stuff, snap-fit or wierd, impossible to modify stuff. Most of the mini's are standard off the shelf items. As such you get all of the options. Note: there are 2 "exclusive" mini's a new Brood Lord and a new Blood Angels Captain, both of which look very nice.

Instructions for putting your mini's together.


Also included are a half size version of the main rule book with all of the rules, but no fluff; and a campaign book with all of the rules for playing everything in the box. I did have a look and the points in the campaign book do seem a little bit off, in comparison to the current codex (at least for Tyranids) but who knows which codex was current when they put this box together.

Rules and campaign book.



Inside the campaign book


More from inside the book, note: full colour art.


And of course who can forget the sprues!!!

All of the Blood Angels sprues.


Death Company sprue


More sprues

Even more sprues!

And of course the bases. One thing I did note with the bases, apart from the new 32mm size bases for the jump pack marines is there does appear to be some missing. I'll know more once I start putting them together, but I have picked up some of the Secret Weapon Miniatures steel plate bases for the Tyranids.

Bases

No comments:

Post a Comment